Ally is starting this off:
I was hoping that this group would take off. It seems like a few people are interested. It is slow to start right now since it is limited to those we know. Also, it might be limiting our growing member list since we are not (yet) officially recognized by the university. Senate is reviewing our information
Right before coming back here in August, I was speaking to Sarah about starting this. She has been highly interested from the start. The more we talked, the beter the idea seemed. I am hoping soon others would be excited with us. We want to make a difference not just on campus, but hopefully spreading it in town.
It is so easy to be more focused on ourselves instead of helping others. I know so many of us focus on just our school work that keeps us busy. On top of that, many of us work at part-time or full-time jobs. Then to add more, we add clubs or organizations from the university to our schedules and they consume a lot of our time. We can not forget our friends. I know that it is so much easier to focus on ourselves rather than others because we have so much on our plate. We should strive to help others when we can. Even if it is jsut smiling at someone, it can make a difference. That person may be having a horrible day and a smile may help them.
So, PAY IT FORWARD :)
No comments:
Post a Comment